An idea that will make you excited

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
syamada37

An idea that will make you excited

Post by syamada37 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:02 pm

So I was listening to Overgrowth ambient tracks and then suddenly I came up with a vision, a vision for Overgrowth. A vision for Overgrowth that will change peoples thought about the MMORPG idea. So I started imagining medieval villages similar to World of Warcraft. I imagined a busy village with people scurrying about. Merchants, cooks, butchers, farmers, knights, prisoners, and the royals looking over the dense forest land from a beautiful castle. Then I imagined a lone warrior coming to the village and he starts to trade with merchants and talk to civilians. But the royals do not seem happy and they take him prisoner. Yes I imagined this all while listening to music. Here is the link to a village that would have the same feeling, but it would have Overgrowth graphics and characters. http://www.wowwiki.com/Pyrewood_Village. But just imagine that scene with Overgrowth characters that could talk, and move on their own. It would have an Assassins Creed/World of Warcraft feeling. Every player would be wearing changeable clothes, armor, and accessories such as maybe backpacks or walking sticks, which would also act like a staff weapon. You could obtain these objects either by doing quests or stealing from defeated enemies. Also a shop would contain special available for purchase items that you could buy with XP or real life money. Other players would be walking around or fighting each other, if you travel out of the village you will find a vast world filled with non- swimmable oceans and lakes, beaches, forests, snowy mountainous lands, and deserts all with characters to meet, players to interact with, villages to come across, and enemies to fight. Also many of the NPC's would give quests either to kill someone or something or to go and retrieve an item. It would have a very strong WOW feeling, but everything would be A LOT more realistic. As I said an Assassins Creed mixed in with WOW. If this idea was added to the game, it probably wouldn't make it since this is a physics based game, and if this was added it would probably add on a good 2 or 3 years of development. But who knows, if one of the Overgrowth team members had an idea for Overgrowth 2 it wouldn't be a bad idea. Thank you all for your time, and please leave your thoughts below. I still have many ideas, but I would just like to share this one. Goodbye and please enjoy Overgrowth as much as I do. :)

Korban3

Re: An idea that will make you excited

Post by Korban3 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:24 pm

I can pretty much guarantee that OG won't become an open world MMO. It's just too much work for David alone to produce and would ruin any semblance of control the devs have over the storyline.
Fun ideas to ponder, hell to implement, less fun to play.

olza

Post by olza » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:26 pm

No, overgrowth as an MMORPG wouldn't work, due to lag with the combat, perhaps an RPG, but I don't think this is what the wolfire team is going for.

zzwerty

Post by zzwerty » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:40 pm

I think you are envisioning an entirely different game to Overgrowth.

syamada37

Post by syamada37 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:22 pm

This is just an idea, I even said that they probably won't do his.

Chainsaw man

Post by Chainsaw man » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:15 am

Naaah, lets just stick to chainsaws for outlandish ideas :wink:

Karel

Post by Karel » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:46 am

Yet another MMO overgrowth post

Sindwiller

Post by Sindwiller » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:58 am

Paragraphs.

syamada37

Post by syamada37 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:17 pm

Yeah whatever grammar Nazi.

Thefuzzyman

Post by Thefuzzyman » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:09 pm

I like the idea, but I don't think Overgrowth would make a very good MMO (among other reasons: more people = more physics calculations = more lag that even modern machines can't handle). I think it would be cool, though, to have levels with villages or towns that are full of active NPCs that the player/players (co-op) could interact with.

I would like to see changeable equipment like you were talking about so you can have your character look the way you want and have the weapons/armor that suit your play style (until you get disarmed in combat >.< ). At any rate, I think a more extensive equipment system would be nice so you can keep things on you for when you need them. For instance, keep a roll of bandages around in case you survive a sword battle but have a few wounds to show of it.

Bottled Water

Post by Bottled Water » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:21 am

syamada37 wrote:Yeah whatever grammar Nazi.
Ok that's five times now I've seen people act like total total bitches about being corrected. He's not a, "Grammar Nazi," if he's telling you to use basic English skills that the whole goddamn population seems to have forgotten. The comment might be justified if he were being a pretentious cunt about your misuse of an oxford comma, but that just doesn't fucking happen.

So shut your stupid fucking mouth before more terrible ideas come out.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:41 am

Bottled Water wrote:
syamada37 wrote:Yeah whatever grammar Nazi.
Ok that's five times now I've seen people act like total total bitches about being corrected. He's not a, "Grammar Nazi," if he's telling you to use basic English skills that the whole goddamn population seems to have forgotten. The comment might be justified if he were being a pretentious cunt about your misuse of an oxford comma, but that just doesn't fucking happen.

So shut your stupid fucking mouth before more terrible ideas come out.
That could've been done more nicely.