Thoughts on character models shown off in latest Alpha video

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
RagdollZombie

Re: Thoughts on character models shown off in latest Alpha v

Post by RagdollZombie » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:27 am

Since they're still WIPs, anything can change. :) (also the models will look bulkier once they actually have fur)

Although, personally I do kind of like Aubrey's style a little better.

n0vathejackal

Post by n0vathejackal » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:50 am

i honestly agree, i love the current models. ive only had this game for about a week but im already attached to the realistic models. this game is too grim and serious for cartoon models IMO. though i will admit that the body proportions are a tad better, maybe some middle ground between the two body proportions but i prefer the current head and face personally.

still, my mind isn't completely closed. im willing to see how it goes, after all im sure once these are added to the game they might either keep the current models as well, or the community will make mods for them.

Surak

Post by Surak » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:03 am

I do like the face of the new model better that is shown in Markuss' video. Looks more rabbit-like than the other in my opinion. Not sure about the ears though.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:13 am

I just saw the new blog post, and this is the first time I noticed there's new models and new style coming in.

I agree that I'm used to the old models, and the change feels jarring.

However, I can also see that these models are an improvement.

Not a it's-better-in-every-way improvement, but they improve things Aubrey hadn't push as far as he could've. The new silhouettes are much more recognizable and distinct. The details might get toned down a bit, and as the models are detailed they will start fitting in to the Overgrowth world better. However, now the style is really starting to sell the fact thtat these are animals, instead of humans-with-animal-heads. Well, and paws and feet... but the basic proportions and musculature have been very human.

The new style pushes the morphology further away from humans. I think it pushes Overgrowth world further away from our normal word. Where the old models have felt like human stand-ins to have a romping brawl with, the new models sell the idea of a new and different world.

I think they're great already in their unfinished state and will be fantastic when they're finished.

Cabazorro

Post by Cabazorro » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:27 pm

I really think the current models are part of overhrowth's identity, I find them pretty good. I dislike the fact that you're replacing aubrey's designs, his art is the soul of the game, it is what gives it this unique feeling. If it isn't broken don't fix it.