Alpha progress, bugs and discussion.

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Nuky
Plutonium Handler

Re: Alpha progress, bugs and discussion.

Post by Nuky » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:49 pm

I'm surprised nobody have noticed/mentioned the p-bug yet. If you write anything with the letter p in it in the console, it still changes that unnamed view-thing as it would outside the console. :)

Vib Rib
Lugaru da Vinci

Post by Vib Rib » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:00 pm

Runs very well for me. Hitting P toggles between 130 FPS and 86 FPS but they're visually identical in terms of smoothness.
Scaling objects requires a very soft touch and it's very easy to accidentally smash them into a planar object.
Rotating/manipulating objects while you were moving makes the camera stop, but also jitter very quickly, moving in the direction you were just moving and then jumping back, as if stuck in a miniature earthquake.
Game crashed while I was scaling the cube, and accidentally scaled it down flat on one of its dimensions, reducing it to a plane. Simply stopped and crashed, forgot to grab the specific info on the crash, will return with it next time.

All in all, very promising. Everything is very visually appealing and the only real object there (the rock) looks incredibly good, scales smoothly.

Ignoramus

Post by Ignoramus » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:53 pm

@Derakon
I couldn't get the lizard to work... I put everything in the right folders and start from your new xml and it crashes

2k3

Post by 2k3 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:07 pm

Same for me. It fails after all the loading is done. I also noticed you had edited the name of the cubemap to cubemapobj. Forgot to add a file to the download?

Derakon

Post by Derakon » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:09 pm

Hmm...could be I didn't update all of the files in my og directory. At one point files with the same name were being used to demonstrate a crash to one of the devs. Try it now.

Remember, you need to put:

basic_blocks.xml: in the Levels directory
lizard.obj: in the Models directory
lizard.tga, lizard_normal.tga: in the Textures directory

Edit: cubemap and cubemapobj are both valid shaders, if you look in the GLSL directory. I was trying out different shaders to see how they affected things. Both should work.

maxwell

Post by maxwell » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:07 pm

I think that's a result of the cube map shader, either write your own or tweak it slightly and I think it will work.

2k3

Post by 2k3 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:45 pm

Still don't work. I will look more into it tomorrow.