Dust, sand, and falling to death.

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
7th.wrath

Dust, sand, and falling to death.

Post by 7th.wrath » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:13 pm

I'd like to see the ability to kick up dust when fighting, running and jumping - it seems painfully absent at this point.

Also, how about being able to kick enemies off of high points so they fall to their death?

kehaar

Re: Dust, sand, and falling to death.

Post by kehaar » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:53 pm

I assume the kicking from a high place/falling to your own death would be a given, considering how fun it is in Lugaru and with all the talk of climbing mechanics in OG. Woohoo!

The dust sounds very cool. I'd hope it could be toggled on and off like blood decals so as to have mercy on old, weak computers. I have to turn all kinds of neat stuff off to get a playable frame rate on busy Lugaru maps... :(

tigershark

Post by tigershark » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:17 am

I would like one request though :P, i hate the fact that on lugaru you could only turn off ALL the decals (unless i've missed something stupidly obvious) i'd rather just turn off shadows and footprints and keep the pretty blood effects :P

Zaphon

Post by Zaphon » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:01 am

Yeah, I don't think they would leave out graphics settings just for the fark of it, they want most systems to be able to run it. It's a pretty obvious thing. No offense.

turbochop

Post by turbochop » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:52 am

Just dont let graphics adjustments reach the realm of Serious Sam HD, holy crap. There is such a thing as "too much freedom", you know. Anyone who has played the game will know what I mean.

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:19 pm

turbochop wrote:Just dont let graphics adjustments reach the realm of Serious Sam HD, holy crap. There is such a thing as "too much freedom", you know. Anyone who has played the game will know what I mean.
As long as there are presets I don't see how there can be too much freedom (if you don't like the freedom, just pick a preset).