Possible Lugaru multiplayer types

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Mon May 21, 2007 8:40 am

I always try to grab the weapon when I cannon somebunny. It usually works.

Ultimatum479
Meh. Inadequate.

Post by Ultimatum479 » Mon May 21, 2007 3:03 pm

ChazFox wrote:They don't. They wait for the opponent to put the rabbit back into the base and capture it while it's still on the map:
That'd be unbelievably lame. You could sit there with a rabbit forever until time runs out and then just drop it off at the last second.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Mon May 21, 2007 10:52 pm

No, you'd be able to take the rabbit back. By either intercepting it mid-pass or knocking it out of the opposing team's hands.

Ultimatum479
Meh. Inadequate.

Post by Ultimatum479 » Tue May 22, 2007 1:31 am

Much better. Still, it should be possible to kill the rabbits, in which case the team that killed 'em loses points. Otherwise, your attack on someone holding a rabbit might very obviously hit the rabbit he's holding and yet only hurt the carrier until he drops the rabbit.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Tue May 22, 2007 10:14 am

Ultimatum479 wrote:Much better. Still, it should be possible to kill the rabbits, in which case the team that killed 'em loses points. Otherwise, your attack on someone holding a rabbit might very obviously hit the rabbit he's holding and yet only hurt the carrier until he drops the rabbit.
I was kinda...avoiding...the killing little bunny children thing this time around. For two reason:
1) This prevents one team from saving a rabbit (like the Rabbit team) and then killing off the others so they have an assured win...also why would the rabbits kill off their own young?
2) This keeps Usagi from going into a fit of rage and deleting all his posts again. :P :oops:

On another note...
As for being a double agent in the "Wolf in Rabbit's Clothing" gametype. While you cannot pick up your "team's" object and bring it to your actual team's base. You can make it easier for your team to enter and steal the object. For example, lets say on a map the bases are blocked off by draw-bridges which can be raised and lowered. You can lower them (once they've been raised) and destroy the controls or throw large objects at them repeatedly to destroy them.

Ultimatum479
Meh. Inadequate.

Post by Ultimatum479 » Tue May 22, 2007 3:13 pm

Grayswandir wrote:This prevents one team from saving a rabbit (like the Rabbit team) and then killing off the others so they have an assured win...also why would the rabbits kill off their own young?
Ultimatum479 wrote:...it should be possible to kill the rabbits, in which case the team that killed 'em loses points.
It wouldn't be an assured win at all, because you'd lose more points per rabbit you kill than you'd get per rabbit you save. Killing the rabbits would be a _bad_ thing.

Oh, there's also the balance issue. Would the rabbits have more team members than the wolves?

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Tue May 22, 2007 9:25 pm

No, they'd have weapons. Wolves wouldn't be able to use weapons. (Regardless of what you can do with wolfieisgod in L1)

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Wed May 23, 2007 8:17 am

You don't need wolfieisgod; wolves will reverse and disarm you and use weapons against you in L1 anyway.

Ultimatum479
Meh. Inadequate.

Post by Ultimatum479 » Wed May 23, 2007 3:09 pm

Yup. They tend to drop knives, for some reason, from what I've seen. I guess their claws are good enough anyway. But they'll definitely use staves against you if you get disarmed while wielding one, and then you're pwnt.

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Wed May 23, 2007 3:48 pm

They also enjoy taking the sword away from you in the Wolf Den, although they are very accommodating, and usually give it back so you can slash them to death.

ChazFox
XD

Post by ChazFox » Wed May 23, 2007 4:04 pm

Usagi wrote:They also enjoy taking the sword away from you in the Wolf Den, although they are very accommodating, and usually give it back so you can slash them to death.
Suddenly I have an idea for a new comic. Tomorrow, I start work!

Ultimatum479
Meh. Inadequate.

Post by Ultimatum479 » Wed May 23, 2007 4:40 pm

Usagi wrote:They also enjoy taking the sword away from you in the Wolf Den...
I wouldn't know about that, cuz they can't take it off Turner when he has it sheathed. I never use the sword, except on challenge levels where using the same type of sneak attack multiple times in a row won't get you as many points, so I have to vary my weapons. Other than that, it's just not a very fun weapon for me. I like the triple-slash PUNCTURE of knives and "Ninja Bonus" throws are always fun, and the staff is just a wonderfully fun weapon to use, but swords just seem boring to me in Lugaru. Slice, slice, dead.

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Wed May 23, 2007 7:33 pm

Yeah, but the Wolf Den gets boring; I prefer to get it over with quickly so I can kick AlphaRalpha's clownish ass all over the map.

It's not impossible to make sword use challenging against 6 or 7 wolves; just go VidMaster on them.

Weapons aren't an easy way out if you make sure you take the hardest route available.

Ultimatum479
Meh. Inadequate.

Post by Ultimatum479 » Wed May 23, 2007 7:48 pm

I'm not saying swords make it easy. Quite the contrary: staves make it much easier, as swords are shorter and more easily reversed, and then the sharp pointy end is aimed at you. I'm just saying sword fighting is more boring, for some reason, for me. It's just repeated slicing. With staff fighting, not only is the animation cooler, but it takes better timing because staves are slower, and there's also the strategy involved in the fact that staves have limited use before they break. With knives...I dunno, they're just amazingly fun. :P

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Wed May 23, 2007 9:07 pm

I tend to agree about swords, yet L9 is one of my favorites, tho' mainly 'cuz I'm still trying to set a speed record.

And it's always fun (to me at least) to get into a block and slash duel with an enemy with a sword and see how long you can keep it going. I've gotten up to 49 attacks and blocks in a row before killing or disarming them (or getting killed myself).