Possible Lugaru multiplayer types

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
zith

Post by zith » Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:08 pm

I would love story mode co-op. Something along the lines of neverwinter nights multiplayer co-op mode would be awsome. It would also be cool if users could create their own multilplayer scenarios (again like in neverwinter nights).

Albab
This title is part one ...

Post by Albab » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:15 pm

Why the asian bent to all of this? Warrior spirits and ninjas seem rather non lugaru-ish, but that's probably just me. I think /real/ (plate) armor would make everything better. I like ninjas as much as the next guy, but RABBIT ninjas? WTF? Who could thing that was a good- wait, warrior rabbits is pretty screwed up already.... Eh, go forth and... Ninja.

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:43 am

:!:
Last edited by Usagi on Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:30 am

If you don't like ninja rabbits, I am really confused why you are on this forum.

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:07 pm

:!:
Last edited by Usagi on Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xiao

Post by Xiao » Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:48 pm

What about a stealth/survival mode to capture the true feeling of Lugaru?

rayofash

Post by rayofash » Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:07 am

Crill3 wrote:
zip wrote:How about some quasi original game types? Something unique to Lugaru instead of things we've seen in a hundred other games.
That would be great. But DM is a must, of course. CTF would also be nice.
Lugaru isnt like other games, CTF in Lugaru would be AWESOME!

Maybe paintball too :D !

Nuky
Plutonium Handler

Post by Nuky » Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:47 am

rayofash wrote:Maybe paintball too :D !
paintknives?

fattatos

Post by fattatos » Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:56 pm

What about a free for all game? Max 6 players or something, everyone against everyone... Ofcourse the goal would be to survive as long as possible and get as many kills as possible...

rstulby

I thought dave wasn't going to do multiplayer

Post by rstulby » Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:58 pm

I read this from an interview with dave. http://macteens.com/more.php?id=963_0_1_0_C

"MT: Is there any possibility of multiplayer gametypes being added in a future patch or is it just not possible? I know one of the problems that plagued Oni's MP, and ultimately caused Bungie to drop it, was that of it being nigh impossible to get the timing right due to lag. However, It seems like that would be less of a problem today with the more widespread availability of broadband and faster connections, and lag is usually non-existent on LAN games.

DR: A multiplayer gametype is theoretically possible, but it is unlikely. It would take a lot of time and effort, and I would probably have to restructure the engine. However, I will incorporate multiplayer into future games, and some of them will have hand-to-hand combat."

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:42 am

fattatos wrote:What about a free for all game? Max 6 players or something, everyone against everyone... Ofcourse the goal would be to survive as long as possible and get as many kills as possible...
DM and FFA is the same. Except for JA's (Jedi Academy's) FFA where you don't try to slay everyone you see.

Albab
This title is part one ...

Post by Albab » Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:35 am

Usagi wrote:
Albab wrote: I like ninjas as much as the next guy, but RABBIT ninjas? WTF?
Yeah, it has been done to death.

Besides, ninjas are usually felidae or chiroptera (at least where I come from....)
That picture made me yell.
Anyway, Turner is NOT a ninja. He can sneak, but that doesn't make him a ninja.
He's more of a knight, really. Or a really pissed off rabbit.

Ultimatum479
Meh. Inadequate.

Post by Ultimatum479 » Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:21 pm

Pissed-off rabbit it is.

Greetings, all. I'm new to the forum. I currently am hooked on the demo and will be buying the full version within the week, I hope, if I can convince my parents. (Personal best: Level 2 Challenge mode, 7 seconds on Insane mode. Leg-cannoned one into the other right at the start ^_^)

MP ideas:
A one-against-all thing where the one-man team is picked randomly, and given a sword to use against the unarmed opponents...Switches people each time someone dies until everyone's gone, compares survival times for each...

Co-op rabbit fighting against wolf armies ^_^ (I _have_ seen wolves, on my friend's full version. Really tests your skills on Insane, fun.)...

Flashiness contests! Whoever's server admin at the time is the judge. Players take turns doing challenges in the most stylish way possible. Coolest Turner wins/gets some reward of some sort... =)

A survival thing kinda like Deathmatch/FFA, but with NPCs. The NPCs constantly respawn. If you die, you lose, but you respawn and get to take others down with you even so. Last person to die wins.

I used to be an Oni fanatic, but I always thought it'd be awesome if Konoko could wall-jump or wield a sword. Niobe and Ghost did that in Enter the Matrix, and I switched my fandom temporarily. Now, it's found a new game to drool over. Congrats, Dave, for making an incredibly awesome game!

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:17 am

Cellwome!

toshiro

Post by toshiro » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:50 am

You could wield a gun... which gave you better range (I never made use of that, because your blows also became very slow and timing was... difficult.).

But yes, Oni would have been great with melee weapons. Ah well, Oni's time had been up before it was even out.

I'm really glad there's Lugaru to carry on the idea.