A New Campaign!

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:02 pm

I'll play through the campaign again and find out...however, the one thing I do remember is that it lagged when there was a lot of falling enemies (like the ones who liked to run off cliffs because they'd spotted you...)...but I'll run through the game again and see which levels I got the most lag on...
I'm running a 1Ghz G4 PPC Powerbook with 1gig of RAM and a Radeon 9000Pro with 64MB...

jcreinke

Post by jcreinke » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:48 am

Excellent work!

One problem.....I tried backing up the files that we needed to to be able to switch between the campaigns, but instead of backing up, my comp replaced the files. Any idea on how I can get them back?

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:56 am

jcreinke wrote:Excellent work!

One problem.....I tried backing up the files that we needed to to be able to switch between the campaigns, but instead of backing up, my comp replaced the files. Any idea on how I can get them back?
Redownload Lugaru and get the original files from the download. Remember not to replace your preference file or else you'll lose your registration code.

jcreinke

Post by jcreinke » Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:31 am

Grayswandir wrote:
jcreinke wrote:Excellent work!

Redownload Lugaru and get the original files from the download. Remember not to replace your preference file or else you'll lose your registration code.
Yay! it worked! Thanks! Now I just have to figure out how to replace them without overwriting them...

invertin

Post by invertin » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:37 am

Find the lugaru folder, right click (I don't know what macs have instead) and select "copy" right click again but not on a folder and select paste, now put the files in that one.
"Lugaru" is normal lugaru
"Copy of Lugaru" is lugaru temple.
Easy.

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:17 am

If you have a two (or more) button mouse, the same thing works on a Mac.

With one button or a trackpad, hold down Control and click, and you get the menus.

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:00 pm

I'm sick of people thinking Macs only work with Apples mouse (which now has been replaced with a two-button one with a scroller)! :x
Macs have been able to use two-button mouses since two-button mouses were created, damnit.
NO ONE that is a experienced Mac user uses a single-button mouse.

Who started this shit?

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:30 pm

Yah, I hate that too.

I use the Micro$oft Wireless Keyboard and Mouse for Mac. It's got 5 buttons, a tilting, clicking scrollwheel, and the keyboard has programmable hot keys and favorites keys. Plus it has little reminders on the keys of keyboard shortcuts.

It's good, although the wireless connection for the keyboard isn't as good as the mouse for some reason. Sometimes strokes get dropped, but I'm slow anyway, and I'm used to making mistakes.

I don't know why Apple (Red) Inc. is so far behind in essential peripherals like that. All their other hardware is well designed.

But there's not much a PC can do that a Mac can't. Nothing I want, at least (barring some games: don't rub it in!).

invertin

Post by invertin » Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:57 pm

5 buttons? Waste of mouse-space IMO.
I didn't say macs only used single button mouses (mouses or mice?) but I did give that image, I'll be more careful next time.

Viking Zippy
Wooter

Post by Viking Zippy » Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:01 pm

Crill3 wrote:NO ONE that is a experienced Mac user uses a single-button mouse.
I've been using Macs since I was four (I'm 19 now) and I've always preferred one button ... I even went so far as to disable the right click on the Mighty Mouse when I got it; it was kind of confusing not actually being able to 'feel' the second button, and my left hand is almost always on the keyboard anyway, so it's not much of a hassle to control click.
Usagi wrote:It's good, although the wireless connection for the keyboard isn't as good as the mouse for some reason. Sometimes strokes get dropped, but I'm slow anyway, and I'm used to making mistakes.
Odd, I found it the opposite in my experience; when I'd try to whip the wireless mouse across the 30", it would move two inches in that direction, twitch a little, then stop. As for the keyboard, I've been using it for almost three years, and I can't recall any dropped strokes.

Speaking of mice, I heard that the Razr is significantly better for gaming than the Mighty Mouse ... I've considered getting one for some time now, but I'm not sure if it's true or not :P

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:51 pm

I like the five buttons; the two on the thumb side control forwards and back on web pages, and they all come in handy, especially the scroll, when you're in PS.

And I couldn't live without knife throw keyed to my right button; it makes the Leg Cannon/Bullseye combo much easier.

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:15 pm

Crill3 wrote:I'm sick of people thinking Macs only work with Apples mouse (which now has been replaced with a two-button one with a scroller)! :x
Macs have been able to use two-button mouses since two-button mouses were created, damnit.
NO ONE that is a experienced Mac user uses a single-button mouse.

Who started this shit?
It's hard to bust out a two button mouse when you're in class on a laptop. Thankfully new laptops are able to right click by putting two fingers on the track-pad and clicking.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:34 pm

invertin wrote:5 buttons? Waste of mouse-space IMO.
I didn't say macs only used single button mouses (mouses or mice?) but I did give that image, I'll be more careful next time.
7-Button mouse here. Bow to my godliness...er something... :twisted:

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:17 pm

The Mighty Mouse has four buttons, you know…

And a rather nice analog/semi-analog scroll ball, too!

Too bad analog scrolling completely messes up sauerbraten editing.

zatoichi

Post by zatoichi » Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:55 pm

I've got a Razer pro. 7 buttons and a scroll wheel. I love it. I thought the mighty mouse was great before I got mine. Now I hate it. I wanna get a Copperhead or a DeathAdder.

copperhead:
http://www.razerzone.com/Products/Gamin ... ing-Mouse/

Deathadder:
http://www.razerzone.com/Products/Gamin ... ing-Mouse/