The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Szs315
Closet Mac lover

Post by Szs315 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:24 pm

I salute you gif makers. Here are some more:

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:33 pm

Yeah, David made some pretty cool gifs. I bet he's gonna make some insane gifs with Lugaru 2, man those blur effects are just so awesome!

It's like...

MOOOTIIIIIIOOOOON BLUUUUUUR!!!

Those need to be in-game.

invertin

Post by invertin » Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:41 pm

:!:
2 things happened thought impossible in one level!
1. An AI flipped to close to the floor, killing him instantly
2.I rabbit kicked an airial foe. (I think Bunnywithstick said this was impossible somewhere.)

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:48 pm

I've done it.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:51 pm

When you rabbit kicked the guy in the air, did he go flying like he's supposed to, and did you flip away? If you just collided, that's not exactly a rabbit kick, more of a heap of rabbits.

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:10 am

I cannon-legged him as he was jumping down from a block; he slammed into the block, and I flipped back as usual.

I've also tried CLing someone who's jumping after me, but all that ever happens is a huge mid-air collision and "Nice Aim!" It's fun though, unless you die.

Szs315
Closet Mac lover

Post by Szs315 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:11 am

I fell on 2 guys and killed them instantly. I also remember cannon-legging off a high place and actually hitting a group of guys.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:09 am

Usagi wrote:I cannon-legged him as he was jumping down from a block; he slammed into the block, and I flipped back as usual.
That's strange, I guess I was wrong.

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:26 am

BunnyWithStick wrote:That's strange...
...but not stronge.

I try for this kill whenever the opportunity comes up, now. Timing is tough, tho: lots of double-death "Nice Aim!"

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:39 pm

Is he actually in the air when you hit him?

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:08 am

Yes. I'll try to make a gif of the move for you.

wormguy

Post by wormguy » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:10 am

Usagi wrote:
BunnyWithStick wrote:That's strange...
...but not stronge.
Dang it, I got jacked. Also, quote nexus.

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:39 pm

To BWS I wrote:I'll try to make a gif of the move [aerial rabbit kick] for you...
...and here it is.

Here are some stills from the gif that clearly show his shadow on the ground and air beneath his feet when I hit him.

Now we have a new technique to practice: the Flying Leg Cannon.

I originally did this to the last bunny on the Raider Sentry level of the campaign. I usually save the block on the high hill for last, run up to the right side (as you ascend the hill from the Easy Trach bunny) with two knives, move close enough to attract one then the other bunny, BE them as they drop down, then jump up and CL the last one across the valley. I try to vary my degree of attack to get the best air time with the poor little ragdoll before he hits the pavement.

This time, I got too close to the block and he sensed me and came after me. As he dropped, I launched from the top of the low rise nearby and caught him in mid-air. He flattened against the wall, and I flipped back to the rise.

Amazement! I didn't know you could do that! Now I try it all the time; I've found you don't have much time, 'cuz they drop fast, but if you launch too soon, they crouch at the edge. A tall block with a small rise like the RS level is perfect.

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:46 pm

There's this bug where you can get down from a block without falling, you just are immediately at the bottom. That leads to an interesting possibility:
Red is you, grey is the enemy.

1. Sweep, he falls down the block.
2. Buguse, you're at the bottom immediately, he's still falling.
3. Climb.
4. Mid-air Leg cannon.

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:30 pm

Further research shows that you can LC a jumping enemy as easily as one dropping from a block.

When a pursuing enemy jumps after you, turn and wait for him (multiple enemies will screw it up).

When he's descending, run towards him straight along the line he's following. If you go at an angle, you'll have a hard time hitting him: I always missed unless I was in line.

Time it so that you jump into the LC animation just as he's about 1 to 1 1/2 body lengths above the ground, and close enough to hit (closer is better than farther; you can still get him if your feet press against him for a moment, but hyper-extension is your only reward for early launch).

Whango! He's dead. They don't fly as far as when you catch them flat-footed, I guess 'cuz of their forward momentum.

Image Image

r_i, I don't know how to control the bug you mention. It surely doesn't happen all the time. (I think it's the same one that makes you go splodey when you jump near the edge of a block and land badly right on the edge; documented ages ago in leDoOd's Hilarious Insta-Death Bug thread.)

I guess your comment that it "leads to an interesting possibility" is the point: you need to be alert and ready to take advantage of changing situations and opportunities.

BTW, the red and grey didn't come thru, but the diagram is clear.