The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
David
Project Leader

Post by David » Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:57 pm

This is not a chat room.

cachiporrin
Froot Loop!!!

Post by cachiporrin » Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:26 pm

ok, ok, but.... a 90% of the times that i read ur replies u look angry, or maybe it's just the eye.
Everyone can tell me ideas for my skin or for the perfect skin, and please, rate or tell me what do you think about my skin

cachiporrin
Froot Loop!!!

Post by cachiporrin » Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:32 pm

Usagi wrote: Image
Don't you have your personal armor?

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:22 pm

cachiporrin wrote:ok, ok, but.... a 90% of the times that i read ur replies u look angry, or maybe it's just the eye.
Everyone can tell me ideas for my skin or for the perfect skin, and please, rate or tell me what do you think about my skin
Have you noticed the virtually every reply to your posts is angry? Seriously, stop being so annoying. You are like a forum gnat.

invertin

Post by invertin » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:54 am

cachiporrin wrote:
Usagi wrote: Image
Don't you have your personal armor?
What does that have to do with that gif?

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:33 am

The fact T isn't wearing Usagi's armour? It's either from before Usagi made that skin, or the fact that leather armour goes above the skin itself, and the face isn't visible.

cachiporrin
Froot Loop!!!

Post by cachiporrin » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:21 am

when im creating a map, can i delete the weapons? and, the 90% of the times, i cant change a rabbit to a wolf, the rabbit changes into turner!, how can i fix that?

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:44 am

"Weapons on the ground will be automatically deleted when you save and load the map."

"To toggle the race of the nearest character to you, press Shift-O (he will turn into Turner, press again and he will turn into a wolf). To change the creed and clothes of the nearest rabbit or wolf hit O."

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:45 am

Read the debug readme...

And weapons don't get saved in the map when you save it,
so you don't need to delete them whe editing.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:12 pm

I always though it was "I" key :P

cachiporrin
Froot Loop!!!

Post by cachiporrin » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:46 pm

when im creating a map i have some problems
1. i dont know how to give turner weapons, x doesnt work
2. the rambo skin doesn't work
3. is there a way to make the bots help you?

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:55 pm

1: X does work, but you need to have a weapon first. Give a bot a weapon, kill him with edit mode invincibility (Maybe even shift-I) and take his weapon, then X will work.

2: What are you typing?

3: No.

cachiporrin
Froot Loop!!!

Post by cachiporrin » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:34 pm

good answers, and now that usagi is back, have you seen my skin? see the previous pages, i modified it again ill post screenshots later, and I have problems, i modified the headband to a naruto headband, but i played the challenge 7 and the metal part was not metal it was brown!

Ultimatum479
Meh. Inadequate.

Post by Ultimatum479 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:30 pm

Wow. You'd have absolutely NO clue about the original topic of this thread if you just read this last page. v_V

On the original topic, the trick to killing wolves is not to fight multiple wolves at a time, and if you do, try to reverse 'em or leg-cannon 'em into each other. That's pretty much your only hope. One at a time, however, they have, as Turner mentions in the official campaign, no tactics whatsoever. Rabbits tend to circle-strafe around you, trying to hit you from the sides so that -- assuming you're playing on Insane -- you can't easily reverse them. Wolves, on the other hand, just run at you and attack, so reversing is pitifully easy.

The only difficulty when reversing is the standard front kick, which, for wolves, does ridiculous damage and can in fact be a one-hit kill if it hits you in the head (which it will if you're ducking or downhill from them). That move isn't reversable. Rabbits have it too, and they're far more annoying with it due to their tendency to vary their attacks and occasionally start an attack combo using that kick first (although their kick doesn't do permanent damage or nearly as much). Wolves, however, will ONLY do that kick after they've done a standard punch, which, while not reversable, _is_ duckable. Just wait for the wolf to run at you (always face them so they won't pounce) and either start pummelling the crap out of them with perfect timing the moment they get out of their animal-style running, which will not allow them to block or reverse you, or wait for them to start attacking you and begin reversing. If you end up ducking a punch instead of reversing it, that means they did the standard punch and they're going to follow it up with their unblockable kick of doom, so quickly attack (or, if you're feeling confident, quickly handspring back as they do the kick, and then leg-cannon 'em).

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:26 pm

Ultimatum479 with notes by Usagi wrote:Wow. You'd have absolutely NO clue about the original topic of this [or any] thread if you just read this last [or any] page. v_V
Ultimatum479 with notes by Usagi also wrote:The only difficulty when reversing is the standard front kick...Wolves, however, will ONLY do that kick after they've done a standard punch [I disagree; if you're crouching in front of them, they'll kick first and ask questions later.], which, while not reversable [Again, I disagree: I've managed to reverse all wolf attacks except the front kick, and the rapid leg sweep.], _is_ duckable. [It's also blockable, which is more effective, because you can follow up with counter punches and kicks.] If you end up ducking a punch instead of reversing it, that means they did the standard punch [This hasn't been my experience, either.] and they're going to follow it up with their unblockable kick of doom, so quickly attack (or, if you're feeling confident [I always feel confident fighting wolves, until they kill me.], quickly handspring back as they do the kick, and then leg-cannon 'em).