Wolves...

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:25 am

Albab
This title is part one ...

Post by Albab » Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:15 pm

Oni is horrible compaired to lugaru. The lack of location damage really pisses me off. -off topic- Eh, the question's been answered.

toshiro

Post by toshiro » Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:56 am

Crill3 wrote:Yeah, I noticed that when I first had bought Lugaru, and still being able
to play Oni (now that I've got Tiger, Oni doesn't work properly even with the
OmniGroup launcher/app).
That is odd. I'm on Tiger, too, and the Omni port works like a charm for me.

That being said:
Oni may be horrible compared to Lugaru, but you really have to appreciate the potential it had. The camera positioning was great (except for the look-through-walls thing), as was the fighting system (it's very intuitive, like Lugaru's).
The reason why it turned out to be horrible was because Bungie sold to MicroSoft and rushed the project.
And the reason why it's still horrible and why there's no sequel is because T2I forgot about Oni's existence.

Amadis

melee knife

Post by Amadis » Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:30 pm

DUdes! ! WTF are you talking about

the knife in melee against a single wolf rocks. if you slash one just before he spinkicks you, you can duck it, come up, and slash him again.

if you counter or duck the wolfs attacks before each slash it works pretty well. the claw takes some skill to block though.

doesnt ALWAYS work. but when you pull it off right, it's really fast.

Chameleon

Post by Chameleon » Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:35 am

I just beat Lugaru on Insane mode and found a very simple and effective way to defeat wolves if you have a sword... Might work even without the sword, but I had one. :)

Lure them out so you can fight one-on-one, then just jump and flip over their head a few times to confuse them, then time a jump to land next to them and click to slash 'em. When you get really good (not hard to do), you can kill 'em with one hit.
:twisted:

p.s. I was looking forward to a better ending by beating the game on a more difficult setting (don't know why I thought so), but I was let down. The ending in Lugaru kind of sucks (as I've said before), but it does make a part 2 easier. Hopefully in Lugaru2, there can be different endings depending on the difficulty.

levbot
mad tweaker

Post by levbot » Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:13 am

there is a hidden story ending, i dont know if it is acessible by playing, but there is a hidden file in an old version of lugaru with an alternate ending, where turner takes the throne kills all of the villagers.

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:36 am

Did you miss a "and" between throne and kill?
And was it a dialogue file or a map (both)?

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:34 pm

:!:
Last edited by Usagi on Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ultimatum479
Meh. Inadequate.

Post by Ultimatum479 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:24 am

[quote="toshiro"The reason why it [Oni] turned out to be horrible was because Bungie sold to MicroSoft and rushed the project.[/quote]
Off-topic, but, that sounds familiar. *cough cough* Halo *cough* sucks *cough cough*

Help plz

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:13 am

Does any one know what is wrong here?

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:22 am

Huh? Whats wrong with what when where?

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:19 am

I don't think Bungie had been sold to MS yet when Oni came out..

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:05 pm

And? Is that whats wrong?

Cooooonfuuuused!

Nazgul11
LoTR@localhost

Post by Nazgul11 » Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:31 pm

Chameleon mentioned this kind of thing in his last post. I found out about the same kind of tactic while fighting the wolves on insane as well. It is (IMO) MOST DEFINITELY the best wolf slaying tactic that you can perform. Mainly because it is so quick and easy. You need a knife or sword...I'll start with the sword. Make sure the sword is in your hand. If there are multiple wolves on the map, make sure you fight away from the group of other wolves. When the wolf is charging at you and is very close, jump, then flip and land right next to or in back of the wolf. Turn around and make sure that you are in back of it, then attack. INSTANT DEATH. In the case of a knife, make sure you have ONLY ONE knife, and make sure that it is NOT in your hand at the time. (if it is in your hand when you flip, the wolf will perform a dodge and you will not be able to get in back of it in time) Now do the exact same thing...fight away from the group of other wolves, when it is charging, jump, then flip and land right next to or in back of the wolf. NOW take out the knife and attack. Instant kill. 8)