Turner, no!

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:10 am

Usagi wrote:Turner really needs to be more careful with his sharp toys.
Ow... :lol:

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:45 am

As FY says, if you get an embarrassing score,
ya gotta do yourself in…but what if ya don’t
got a sword to fall on?

A knife works just as well, especially on the wrists.

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:01 am

Colicedus, since you've been asking nicely for so long
[img]http://wolfire.com/forum/images/avatars/983266674453583268543b.gif[/img] wrote:Oh and in Multiplayer there needs to be CHAINSAW Massacre mode!

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:17 pm

Yay, Yay!

WHooooooo!
Thats the Shit i am Talking about! :D
Whoooot Yea!
Chainsaws!

Thanks for that Usagi!
Bless ya....

CHAINSAWS! :D
Don't mind me asking, was that Photo shop or did you create a Chainsaw Mod?

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:26 pm

The sword handle isn't that big, so probably photoshop, but maybe Usagi managed to do it somehow…

pyros soul

Post by pyros soul » Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:48 pm

pyros soul wrote:MORE PICTURES!

Turner's been stabed! (view one)

Turner's been stabed! (view two)

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:30 pm

BunnyWithStick wrote:The sword handle isn't that big, so probably photoshop, but maybe Usagi managed to do it somehow…
Hence Why I ask... Usagi has enough wit to do that.
Now i will be trying to mod a Chainsaw... if i can

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:35 pm

Sad to say, there's no way that I know of to make a chainsaw in a realistic, usable way. The only weapon moddable enough to allow even a feeble imitation is the knife.

Unfortunately, as funky as it is, it just ain't what most homicidal maniacs think of as a chainsaw. Looks more like an electric turkey slicer.
Image Image
It throws well enough...
Image Image
...and it kills dead enough, but it looks kinda silly, especially next to the sword.
Image Image
But even without a working motor or whirling chain, it can still make the blood spurt.

I've made a few new complete sets of weapons, and a few partial sets, in a variety of materials. They all look a lot better than this.

PS to ps: I like the pictures. How'd you get T to stab himself?

NickD
Charlotte Brontë

Post by NickD » Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:07 pm

lol! can you post the PNG file of the chainsaw?

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:50 am

Sure, if you want it. Here it is. You can use it to carve your Thanksgiving Bunny, just like T is doing. As you can see, he prefers white meat.

It's not a big file so I figured ImageShack was OK; just right click and copy the image into your Lugaru data file.

Since the saw is bloody to begin with (anybody got a guess where I got it from?) I didn't make lightbloodknife or bloodknife versions. You'll have to copy and rename it using those names; otherwise when you stab or slice someone, it'll revert to the old knife.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:08 am

I would've suggested using the sword instead of the knife… (SURELY that would be better than using the knife?)

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:13 am

Usagi wrote:Sad to say, there's no way that I know of to make a chainsaw in a realistic, usable way. The only weapon moddable enough to allow even a feeble imitation is the knife.

Unfortunately, as funky as it is, it just ain't what most homicidal maniacs think of as a chainsaw. Looks more like an electric turkey slicer.

I've made a few new complete sets of weapons, and a few partial sets, in a variety of materials. They all look a lot better than this.

PS to ps: I like the pictures. How'd you get T to stab himself?
It reminds me of the Warhammer 40000 Range of Weaponry. like the Chain-sword. they nerfed that Weapon though.

Do you think its posable to Load it as a Gif File so it animates along the Edges?

any way.. I love it, thanks... :D

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:40 am

BunnyWithStick wrote:I would've suggested using the sword instead of the knife… (SURELY that would be better than using the knife?)
It's impossible to do anything more than change the skin on the sword (although Levbot came up with a sort of partially successful method):
levbot wrote:I have made a discovery. follow these steps and you can make knives just like you make swords.
1. rename all sword textures (lightblood, blood, and normal) from thier old thing to .png (you can just retype it)
(((now at this point, the game can't read the swords. so it freaks out, and uses the lightbloodknife.png file as the sword.)))
2.if you notice, the sword has holes in it. that is because it is the editable lightblood knife.
3.Edit the lightbloodknife into whatever you want!
FLAWS-
-there is no bloody versions of the sword.
-when you knife gets semi-bloody, it will turn into the sword texture, of course.
PM me w/ questions!

The difference between the knife and the sword?
David wrote:The knife has an alpha channel because the holes in the handle of the knife are part of the texture.
This is cool because it allows you to do two things. You can replace the knife with another shape completely (like a chainsaw, or a shiv, or a lightsaber style knife) as long as it fits within the confines of the outline of the knife shape. Or, you can make a semi-transparent or translucent knife, like glass or quartz (or a lightsaber blade). It has one odd transparency flaw (shows up as a darker section, clearly different from the rest) but it isn't that noticeable.

Unfortunately, it has no third dimension like the original knife; it looks like a flat image on a two dimensional plane. When seen on edge, it can almost disappear, while the knife has thickness.

All you can do with the sword is make it look like a different material: stone, bone, wood, copper, etc. Same with the staff, and the staff has an odd “wrapping” feature that seems to distort the skin you put on it. You can accommodate that, but it requires more tweaking if you’re trying to get a staff in a really unique material.

I’ve made weapons in all these materials, and most of them look pretty cool.
Colicedus wrote:1.) Do you think its posable to Load it as a Gif File so it animates along the Edges? 2.) any way.. I love it, thanks... :D
1.) No, prolly not. Interesting idea, tho: I may experiment.2.) You're welcome.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:26 pm

Usagi wrote:Image
"SCREEEEE!!!!"
ITS AN ALIEN!!!! KILL IT QUICK!!!!

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:29 pm

Would using a PNG file for the sword work? It seems as if textures that use a JPEG would probably support a PNG…

And gifs might work, but they would only show the first frame of the animation if they did.