Turner, no!

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:55 pm

Thats what was missing... the Sound of a Chainsaw...
I tried Moding the Sounds with my Voiced Chainsaw Sounds, but it did not work.. little Help? :oops:

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:23 pm

BunnyWithStick wrote:Would using a PNG file for the sword work? It seems as if textures that use a JPEG would probably support a PNG…
It's not the skin that's the problem; it's the solid model it covers.

If you make the texture file solid white, or another color, or a grid with numbers or different colored squares (I've done all these for research purposes), you just get a sword shape with that skin on it.

Here's the sword texture file, knife texture file, and a chainsaw (distorted to fit) that replaces the knife, to demonstrate the method Levbot described above.
Image Image Image

Now, following Levbot's directions, here's what it looks like when the sword textures are given a .png ending. Next is the lightbloodknife replaced with the right image above.
Image Image
Doesn't look much like a chainsaw, does it (or much of a sword, either)?

Here are a couple other files and the result. First, the fantasy sword.
Image Image Image
Looks OK; I like the blade, but the handle's FU. I wish you could see the skull, but that part will never look like much.

Here's a handmade looking sword wrapped with copper wire with an electric tape handle.
Image Image Image I like this one.

Finally, here's what your lightbloodknife will look like when you use this method. Your plain knife looks like the original. When you stab, it reverts to the original also (bloodknife).
So, what's the point? I want a weapon I can use all the time, and you can do that with the sword if you only want to change the material (or the shape slightly). Just replace the sword files with the ones above, add some blood to them for swordblood and swordbloodlight, and slice away.

Until the Holy Grail, er, I mean the .solid editor is recovered, we're stuck with malleable knives and skinable swords and staves.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:52 pm

:( :cry: Explain HOW did D loose it again?
Files like that are Priceless.

BTW, I have not got Quick time Pro and Cant Seem to download Chainsaw Sounds. Could some one who has some or be willing to send some form the net Get them to me by Email Please?

I just had a Wicked Mod Idea for the Chainsaw Mod... :twisted:
it is Missing the Sounds to go with it...
if it is going to work, i need to replace Knife Draw, Knife Slice, Knife Sheath and Knife Wish.

oh, and BTW, Can the File in GL fighters "Super Duper Character Animator" be used to change animations for Lugaru or just GL Fighters?
I plan to Do all I can for this Mod and was thinking of Creating a Chainsaw Holding Stance! Dose Everyone Still hate Chainsaws? :|

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:06 am

Bunch of statements:
I do not hate chainsaws.
SDCA can't be used for Lugaru.
You do not need QTPro to download sounds from the internet, though Apple
may make it seem so.
You can rightclick on the link to the sound and go "Save target as" or whatever it says. Or you can, in Safari, go to the sound and press... hold on I have to check.. command-alt-a to bring up the activity thing, and then alt-doubleclick the sound to download it.
Or you can, in Firefox, press command-i, go to media, select the sound, and press download.
Or you can probably find a method in whatever browser you're using.

NickD
Charlotte Brontë

Post by NickD » Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:12 am

Im going to try to make a giant chain saw with the map editor :D ! And I dont know how to use it at all!! :lol:

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:22 am

Ok you have Saved my ass from having to buy a product or get some one to Email me something Crill3. All i can say is THANK YOU!

and for the Bad news.. Urg Crap...
NickD wrote:Im going to try to make a giant chain saw with the map editor :D ! And I dont know how to use it at all!! :lol:
Good start... :D
I think we Shall Create a Chainsaw Thread. :lol:
Mwahaha

we will have Chainsaws More than Chopped liver (than again we may have more Chopped liver thanks to These Chainsaw)

wormguy

Post by wormguy » Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:18 am

Grayswandir wrote:
Usagi wrote:Image
"SCREEEEE!!!!"
ITS AN ALIEN!!!! KILL IT QUICK!!!!
:lol: Well played, my friend, well played.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:05 pm

thats the sound of morning glory when you hear that sound...
When the Saw meets Body! :D