What's your favorite way to kill?

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
invertin

Post by invertin » Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:29 pm

Back to topic?
A really fun combination of debug is-
power 5
speed 1.5
if you put power any higher than 5, rabbits kicks will disintergrate enemies, then the game will freeze 5 secs later.

tallyl.iii

Post by tallyl.iii » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:30 pm

I've made it to 7 and they just bounce across the hills in a very entertaining fashion.

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:22 pm

Here's a new one I discovered by accident. It happened so fast I didn't get a screen, so I set it up again using debug and map editor.

First I got all the bunnies on Level 10 bunched up in line and running for the edge, as I do when I'm planning on leading them over and watching the nice patterns they make when they hit the ground.

Then I flipped back down behind them, and realized they were just waiting for a 4 bunny Leg Cannon!

They must have been bunched up so tight they were actually touching each other, 'cuz in the past when I've had a chance at a multiple, only the first two in line get hit. When they ragdoll, they just pass through the ones in front.

Either that, or my kick was timed so that I pushed them together before I struck (you can see it happen sometimes: as you move forward, legs cocked, you move into the target and they shuffle their feet).

Next: 7 at one blow on Level 6!

Avekmaul

Post by Avekmaul » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:14 pm

Below follows a selection of some of Avekmaul's favourite combat techniques.
Some of them are quite graphically violent, viewers with an aversion to blood or gore are advised to submerse themselves in pickles.

A good way to quickly dispatch an enemy is by knocking them to the ground and then stab them repeatedly until they are dead.
However, how can one be sure that they are dead?
Those daggers lodged in their lungs may seem like a certain indicator of mortality, however, be on guard.
For instance, the enemy might be hiding a backup pair of lungs somewhere nearby.

Good indicators that the enemy combatant is dead:
A) Their mouth is open.
B) They are not breathing.
C) See below.

Once a nice, steady pool of blood begins to form beneath your dispatched foe, you can be quite sure that they have well and truely snuffed it.

One excellent means of distracting a foe is to rip their eyes out.

Not only is this a very successful way of disorientating your foe, it also allows you to use stealth techniques such as sneaking around much more easily.

If you should need to traverse terrain, catch up with a fleeing enemy or escape combat more quickly, sprouting multiple bat wings can give you a most desirable boost to both speed and aerodynamics.

If you find yourself in a tight spot or are severely outnumbered, try summoning Godzilla through a portal to hell.

This can be an impressively devastating attack, however, it does not run without its fair share of risks, namely causing the world to explode.

If all else fails, boot april at them.

This technique kills two birds (or bunnies, for that matter) with one stone, as it not only kills the enemy person(s) but also teaches April a lesson about safety.

(Didn't quite know where to post this, but I thought this was probably the best place. :|)

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:38 pm

Image Image

For my part, anywhere you'd like to post stuff like this is fine with me.

And an extra hearty welcome to the forum. It's nice to see someone with visual arts skills and a willingness to share 'em.

Part of the attraction of Lugaru for me is the visuals; we can't have too many images in this threads, as far as I'm concerned.

It's also good to have someone with a nice dry sense of humor and a talent for understatement.

Keep it coming!

wormguy

Post by wormguy » Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:41 am

Well done. Well done, indeed.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:30 am

Hey some one want to tell me how to summon Godzilla? :P
Nicely Done man, Love it

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:12 pm

Summoning godzilla involves lightning magic, due to the glowing eyes and hands, and the big huge thunderstorm happening around the portal to hell.

Modding godzilla into Lugaru involves changing the skybox, making a glowing blue eye turner skin, and photoshopping/gimping in at least some of the glowing hands.

Or something like that.

Avekmaul

Post by Avekmaul » Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:35 am

Silb
Master cartographer

Post by Silb » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:43 am

Haha, I hope we can fully reenact Monty Python in L2.

That's not Camelot though, that's Neuschwanstein. :P

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:03 am

These are hilarious; I think they belong in "A Laughable Look At Lugaru;" then people will know what to expect (unless you plan on killing someone hilariously.)

Of course, with Acute Randomizationalationism sweeping the forum, nobody knows what to expect anywhere anymore.

My German's a little rusty, but doesn't Neuschwanstein mean "new stone penis?" No wait; that'd be neuschwantzstein. Sorry.

I get to push the pram alot!
Last edited by Usagi on Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:43 pm

:lol: Nice, Avekmaul.

Avekmaul

Post by Avekmaul » Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:45 pm

Silb wrote:Haha, I hope we can fully reenact Monty Python in L2.
That's not Camelot though, that's Neuschwanstein. :P
I think they know its Neuschwanstein, but they really want it to be Camelot.
Silb wrote:Haha, I hope we can fully reenact Monty Python in L2.
That would completely rule. :mrgreen:

rudel_ic
official Wolfire heckler

Post by rudel_ic » Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:04 pm

Usagi wrote: My German's a little rusty, but doesn't Neuschwanstein mean "new stone penis?" No wait; that'd be neuschwantzstein. Sorry.
Neuschwanstein is newswanstone. Newstonepenis would be Neusteinschwanz.

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:00 pm

As promised: 7 at one blow!

I set this up on Level 6 (only place I'm familiar with that has 7 bunnies) in super-slo-mo. I usually don't set up my shots this way; I try to focus on stuff you can do in-game. But I can't imagine herding seven killer bunnies into a line.

Here they are, nicely lined up like kindy-gartners:

Turner goes to the end, like a good bunny.

Then he rudely shoves them together.

Now we're ready for the pay off.

Happy happy joy joy!

No cats or dogs: it's raining bunnies!

Amazingly, four survived to attack me. I got some good licks in, but the last guy punched me into orbit (a common side effect of SSM).

I flew a really loooong way. I decided to really crash and burn.