GIF Grapplin' Bunny Battle!

The place to discuss all things Lugaru.
Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

GIF Grapplin' Bunny Battle!

Post by Usagi » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:03 am

Hey Everybunny! Come on! The Big Bunny Battle is about to begin.

Thank you for coming to the Rocky Hall tonight, does and gentlebunnies, for the opening round of the World Championship GIF Grappling Tournament. At stake, the coveted title of Screenshot Superhero.

In this corner, wearing scale armor made from the shell of the elusive Golden Sea Turtle, the dancing defending champion, Usagi the Unbearable, um, I mean Unbelievable!

And in this corner, the challenger, wearing what looks like the negative of a gi, the hard-scrapping, fast-rising NickD the New Guy!

Let's get this bout underway. As the defending champ, Usagi will initiate the first round. So, shake paws and come out grappling.
Usagi wrote:I thought I'd start with my latest effort, hot off the GIF griddle:
Turner the Bloody Bunny Burster Pays His Respects at the Rocky Hall.
Over to you, NickD. Give us your best blood bath.

NickD
Charlotte Brontë

Post by NickD » Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:12 pm

Ok, I have to go now though. No long speeches.

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:52 pm

NickD wrote:No long speeches...
Yeah, speeches are over; that was just the intro.

So, what next? We argue about who has the Greater GIF (I like mine, but yours definitely has its attractions)? Think people will vote if we ask?

Or do we go on to the next round and let it simmer for a while, maybe make a decision after a few more? Or just forget about the competition aspect and have fun trying to top each other?

I'm fine with any of these. Think about it, and in the meantime, your turn to name the theme and post a GIF.

PS: Good, fast response. Let's try to keep up the pace as much as possible, and as schedules allow.

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:40 pm

If it's still a competition I vote for NickD 8)

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:22 pm

NickD has the Best so far... hands down at the moment. :|

NickD
Charlotte Brontë

Post by NickD » Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:08 pm

yes....... :D ! I win this one so far. I personally would like it non-competition... but if it's competition you want, competition you'll get :twisted:

pyros soul

Post by pyros soul » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:08 pm

As soon as my dad teaches me how to use PhotoShop......
You will all bow down, BOW I SAY!

NickD
Charlotte Brontë

Post by NickD » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:28 pm

*pisses on your keyboard when you're not looking* :lol:

You're good to go :D ! Give it your best shot.

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:42 pm

I vote Usagi because he had the decency to set the camera down static.

And his shot shows a particular level we all know, where as the other one is simply in the snow... and yeah, who hasn't done that.

Good GIFs guys.

NickD
Charlotte Brontë

Post by NickD » Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:26 pm

I'll have a gif up soon that shows how to get inside the rocky hall without the map editer.

Edit: Ok, I decided to make a Flash slide show instead. Click here to see it.

pyros soul

Post by pyros soul » Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:10 pm

How about a "slam yor self into a wall" GIF!

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:15 pm

I'm amazed, NickD! I thought I was the only one who had discovered how to not
only get into the attic, but how to get out of the attic and into the Rocky Hall using ragdoll.
Nicely composed slideshow too; works better than a gif.

Have you found the other ways out of the attic? Or how to get back in from the Rocky Hall without going outside? How about the other ways into the attic, without going down the chimney? Or the hidden chambers in the Rocky Hall, and on the outside? Have you gotten into the postern passage above the main entrance, or the tunnel leading back from the platform above the guard's post? That one's really hard. The tunnel from the postern passage, under the main entrance ramp, and up into the dead end passage is even harder. And there are others.

I don't know whether to be pleased to find out there are other island explorers, or sad that you beat me to the punch. That was going to be the lead in to my thread on Spelunking. We may have to do that one together, too. (Have you found the caves at the base of the Lookout Tower?)

As for the GIF Grapple, I'm fine with a friendly "top this one" thread. I'll concede the last one; I spent a long time setting that up, and the results weren't really stunning. I'm glad I got one vote, though; thanks, Z.

Here are a couple more bloody blow-ups. I whipped the first one out quick, but the second one took awhile to set up again.
It's hard to get all those dead bunnies piled up where you want 'em. And I took a hella pile of pix; I could show you T disappearing into the distance, but why bother?
Image Image
The last one is actually how I used to send T flying out of sight of the ground, without using ME and before I found Mouse Jump. I got some cool pix of T's face and contortions as he blew up into the air.

So, how bout we try some battle scenes next? I took a bunch of screens tonight that should make a few nice sequences.

NickD
Charlotte Brontë

Post by NickD » Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:06 am

:D Thanks for the votes and coments and... stuff. What do you mean by, "battle scenes?" Im confused :P .

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:09 am

well Usagi you made a Come back!
I like the one were Turners attack back fires. or fires him back... whatever you want to call it. :lol: :) :(
(Dont quit you're day job Colicedus)

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:28 am

NickD wrote:What do you mean by, "battle scenes?" Im confused .
Combat scenes, as in kicking the stuffing out of bad bunnies and wolfies. Like this:
Preferably scenes where T does the bunny battering and wolfie walloping, instead of showing T get trounced.

One on one is OK, as long as it shows some interesting detail (like the above scene; notice how T uses force grab to get the bo, and how the teeth go flying?) but multiple opponents makes a more dramatic sequence.

I'm gonna work on a few tonight. Look forward to seeing what ya got to share. And of course, we're all eager to see pyros soul's wall-slamming contributions (as soon as he learns PS and get the piss off his keyboard).