Possible Lugaru multiplayer types

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Possible Lugaru multiplayer types

Post by Blorx » Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:16 am

I may have been the only one to read Jeff's last post in the Lugaru Linux topic but I don't care if I'm not. Ok, considering we don't want an MMORPG, I see us having a few classic options.

1-Deathmatch
2-CTF
3-Territories
4-King of the Hill
5-(not so classic but, a personal favorite) Elimination
Jeff wrote:Start a new thread about possible multiplayer game types, and it will be seriously considered. :) There is a good chance that multiplayer will be in Lugaru 2.

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:34 pm

How about some quasi original game types? Something unique to Lugaru instead of things we've seen in a hundred other games.

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:01 pm

zip wrote:How about some quasi original game types? Something unique to Lugaru instead of things we've seen in a hundred other games.
That would be great. But DM is a must, of course. CTF would also be nice.

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:36 pm

what about something like Assault from TimeSplitters and UT2004?

hdlsa
fruit salad

Post by hdlsa » Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:36 pm

I posted this a long time ago, but Ill post it again cause I think it is a cool idea: Obstacle course/race thing.

If Luguru 2 does not have multiplayer, then how about some uploadable ghost time-trial runs.

Lugaruman100
The wolfire forum member with no title.

Post by Lugaruman100 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:37 pm

A tag or tournament mode would be that bad in lugaru 2, but the levels would have to be small for that to work out. Or maybe a mode like in RTCW ET would be interesting like objective mode.

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:12 pm

hdlsa wrote:I posted this a long time ago, but Ill post it again cause I think it is a cool idea: Obstacle course/race thing.

If Luguru 2 does not have multiplayer, then how about some uploadable ghost time-trial runs.
You mean like kz maps in CS?

ridestowe

Post by ridestowe » Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:16 pm

bf:1942 style would be cool. like holding flags and gaining areas to spawn other bunnies, etc. i think thats what he meant by territories but in bf its called conquest

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:17 pm

In some game types perhaps teams should be divided by race, while in others you can have mixed teams. Anyway, some ideas(some obvious).

Co-Op: perhaps just for challenge-type levels, since story mode co-op would be difficult.

Defend the village: One team assaults, other team defends.

Assassination: In single assassination one team has a member chosen at ranodm, the other team will be informed who the target is and kill him/her.
In double assassination each time has a target chosen, they will have to defend from the other team killing their mark while also searching for their mark.

Epic Assassination: Random NPCs are chosen as marks in a city/multiple village enviroment, there could be two modes, one with teams and one without.
Some of the marks will be guarded heavily, others will just be normal citizens
The individual players or teams compete to kill more of the targets than the other team, once all marks are dead(or time runs out) the team/player with the most assassinated marks wins.

ridestowe

Post by ridestowe » Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:40 pm

i vote for invasion(taken from ut2004) where npc's storm your headquarters and players fend them off, they come in waves increasing in numbers each time.

hdlsa
fruit salad

Post by hdlsa » Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:04 pm

Some of these may not fit in well with the Luguru setting:

From Socom: US Navy Seals- Demolition: Two teams rush to the middle of a map, grab the bomb (could be a flag or something that fits in better with Luguru), and plant it in the enemy teams' base. The bomb is also defusable.

From Halo- Juggernaut (??): One player, the juggernaut, is invisible/ does double damage, and everyone tries to kill him. Whoever kills him becomes the new juggernaut, and the person with the most time as juggernaut wins.

Onslaught/Survival- Unlimited amounts of hostile npcs spawn, the person who stays along the longest wins.

VIP Defend?- One team defends a npc/pc, who tries to run to the extraction point. Along the way, the vip could go to checkpoints, where the defending team would spawn when they were touched by the vip. The other teams mission is to kill the vip. The vip would have little defense, maybe a smoke grenade type of thing, and can only do weak attacks.
Crill3 wrote:
hdlsa wrote:I posted this a long time ago, but Ill post it again cause I think it is a cool idea: Obstacle course/race thing.

You mean like kz maps in CS?
Yeah that, with wall jumps and slides and stuff.

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:21 pm

Bombs? Smoke grenades? Whaaaa?

hdlsa
fruit salad

Post by hdlsa » Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:10 pm

I clearly noted that some of these things may not fit in well with luguru, but I'm sure you can change them with things that were avalible in the Luguru world. Smoke grenades could be dirt clods(sp) or something. A bomb could be like a bag of termites that eats through the enemy base.

Chameleon

Post by Chameleon » Sat Aug 13, 2005 3:12 am

I see many good ideas (IMNSHO).

These are particularly interesting to me:
  • Deathmatch / Tournament
    CTF / Territories / Team Deathmatch
    King of the Hill / Last man standing / Invasion
    Juggernaut / Mutant (UT2K4 equiv)
    Co-Op story
I grouped items that I deem to be similar.

It would be particularly interesting to be able to select different characters in the Deathmatch / Tournament modes.

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Sat Aug 13, 2005 3:30 am

Team survivor - Like last man standing, but with two teams.